Sunday, June 15, 2014

Just an 'Au revoir'....

Hello my dear readers, are you still there?

You might have been wondering - or not actually -  why I had not posted in such a long time. Well, there is a very simple explanation.

Do you remember when sometime ago I said that I probably should put my money where my mouth is in terms of communications and the European Union? That is exactly what I am doing, at least trying to.

A couple of months ago I have started working as communication adviser to the Italian Permanent Representation to the EU, and I will be there - hopefully - until the end of its presidency of the Council in December.

There, I said it. I can already see those sardonic smiles, I can hear those 'now it's your turn to be grilled a bit' and I can feel those pats on my shoulder. All fine by me.

But, I am only taking a break, while 'on duty', so this it is just an 'Au revoir'....  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, this qualifies as a challenge, personal and professional: go for it!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a good challenge, at least! At least the Italians will be good at getting their story out! ;-)

Christian Verschueren said...

Good luck, Virginia. And keep us posted on how you're getting on....

Venetia Spencer said...

In bocca al lupo! :)

Matteo Manzonetto said...

Brava!Hope to meet you during the next six months.

Virginia said...

Thank you all... And I will definitely keep you posted..